Injectables and fillers are gaining popularity as a minimally invasive way to restore youthful freshness to the face. While surgical facelifts can remove sagging skin and create a taut effect, injectables use less drastic measures to help smooth away wrinkles and fine lines.
At DERMABARE, a luxurious medical spa located in Laguna Niguel, California, Ramin Tayani, MD, and our expert aesthetics team use a range of cosmetic injectable treatments to knock years off our patients’ faces.
Relaxing contracted muscles with neurotoxins
One of the most popular injectables for facial rejuvenation is Botox®, which is a safe form of botulinum toxin. Over time, as you smile, squint, and do other facial gestures, the muscles that perform these gestures can begin to stay in a state of constant contraction, pushing up skin and forming wrinkles.
Botox treats these types of wrinkles by paralyzing and relaxing certain facial muscles, thereby smoothing out the skin above them. Botox can treat horizontal forehead lines, lines at the outer corners of your eyes, and the small, vertical wrinkles between your eyebrows, among other areas.
Plumping up skin with dermal fillers
Dermal fillers plump out fine lines and wrinkles by encouraging your skin to resume production of collagen and elastin. Dermal fillers can add volume to your lips, cheeks, mouth lines, and the folds next to your nose and mouth.
Some of the most common dermal fillers are made from hyaluronic acid, which is a substance your body naturally produces. Hyaluronic acid fillers are safe and effective and can be used again and again. There are two types of hyaluronic acid fillers: liquid and gel.
- Restylane® (adds facial volume in most areas of the face)
- Restylane Lyft™ (adds volume to the lines around the nose, mouth, and cheeks)
- Restylane Silk™ (adds subtle volume to various areas, including lip lines)
- Restylane Refyne™ (smooths out light-to-moderate laugh lines)
- Restylane Defyne™ (minimizes moderate-to-severe laugh lines)
- Juvéderm Voluma® XC (lifts and corrects age-related midface volume loss)
- Juvéderm Vollure™ XC (corrects moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds)
- Juvéderm Volbella® XC (enhances lip fullness and softens lip lines)
- Juvéderm Ultra® XC and Ultra Plus® XC (for facial and lip enhancements)
Dr. Tayani also offers Kybella®, a deoxycholic acid injectable that can help break down fat. Kybella is used under the chin to help shrink away a double chin.
Incorporating injectables into your beauty routine
Botox, Kybella, and dermal fillers can be mixed and matched to find the right combination for you. These noninvasive treatments can be an important part of your beauty routine, allowing you to keep your face looking younger and fresher than ever.
You can repeat injectable treatments every few months to keep your youthful glow. This can cut down significantly on makeup purchases and hours spent “putting your face on.” When your face is already young-looking, you can go natural with confidence.
Are you ready to streamline your beauty routine? To learn more, book an appointment online or over the phone with DERMABARE today.