While there’s no shame in having a double chin, many people are self-conscious about it and would like to get rid of it. Several options are available to get rid of a double chin, ranging from simple exercises to more invasive treatments. Ready to bid your double chin goodbye for good? When diet and exercise do not get the job done – Kybella can help!
For faster results, some people opt for surgery to get rid of a double chin. The most common surgical procedures are Kybella injections, liposuction, and facelift.
- Kybella is an injectable treatment that destroys fat cells in the chin area. It’s a non-surgical alternative to liposuction and requires multiple treatments for best results. Kybella dissolves the membrane lining of fat cells, causing them to lose their slipper contents, which are then gradually but efficiently expunged by the body’s own immune cells.
- Liposculpting, or liposuction, is a surgical procedure that removes fat cells from the chin area through suction or laser. The results are immediate and can last a lifetime if you maintain a healthy weight.
- Facelift is also known as rhytidectomy. It is a surgical procedure that lifts and tightens facial tissues. A facelift can involve removing excess skin, smoothing out folds or wrinkles, and tightening facial tissue.
One of the best ways to get rid of a double chin is by doing exercises that target your neck and jaw muscles. These exercises can help tone the muscles and reduce the appearance of a double chin. Exercises also help improve your posture, which can make a big difference in how your chin looks.
Here are a few exercises you can try:
- Ball exercise: Sit up straight in a chair and place a small, soft ball under your chin. Press your chin down onto the ball as you tilt your head back. Hold this position for 10 seconds before releasing. Repeat 10-30 times.
- Pouting stretch: Either on a standing or seating position, stick out your bottom lip as far as possible to form a “pout.” Tilt the chin towards your chest using the neck’s muscles while holding the upper back in position. You should feel the muscles under your chin stretch. Hold for three seconds before releasing. Repeat 10-20 times.
- The lion’s yawn: Like a lion yawning, open your mouth wide and stick out your tongue. Try to move your chin towards the chest. You should feel the muscles under your chin tighten. Hold for 10 seconds before releasing. Repeat 10 times.
Diet plays a pivotal role in weight management, which can help get rid of a double chin. Eating a healthy diet high in protein and fiber and low in sugar and unhealthy fats can help you lose weight and reduce the appearance of a double chin.
Additionally, drinking lots of water and eating water-rich foods and fruits like melons and cucumbers can help keep your skin hydrated and help reduce the appearance of a double chin.
While a double chin has no life-threatening consequences, it can significantly impact your appearance. Exercises, a healthy and balanced diet, and surgery are among the most effective ways to get rid of a double chin.